DAVID OBUCHOWSKI ARCHITECTS PLLC IS A BOUTIQUE PRACTICE COMMITTED TO AN OPEN DESIGN DIALOGUE THAT FOSTERS UNEXPECTED AND DYNAMIC SPACES. WHETHER A PRIVATE RESIDENCE OR A PUBLIC BUILDING, WE HELP OUR CLIENTS REALIZE A VISION IN WHICH ANY PROJECT BECOMES A VEHICLE FOR RICHER SOCIAL PARTICIPATION. OUR ROLE IS TO INTERPRET SITE, CLIENT AND PROGRAM TO ENHANCE AWARENESS OF THE ONGOING, LIVING EXPERIENCE OF A PARTICULAR PLACE.
David grew up in several cities in the American South. He attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and then practiced architecture in Charleston, South Carolina before moving to New York City in 2006. David founded David Obuchowski Architects PLLC in Brooklyn in 2010. He has always been committed to maintaining a diverse architectural practice with an eye toward contemporary relevance which simultaneously maintains the importance of sustainability and of physical, individualized place-making. He seeks to maintain awareness of the ongoing lived experience of a building’s inhabitants and to engage them in dynamic public participation. For David, the primary question of engagement and participation remains at the heart of both public and private works, and every project, on every scale, aspires to operate as a living institution.
- In Atlanta, a Major Renovation Without a Major InvestmentThe New York Times
- Pizza Moto Comes to Rest in BrooklynThe New York Times
- Wallpaper City Guide – Aqua StudioWallPaper City Guide
- 20 Great American Bread BakeriesSaveur
- Ten of the Best Inexpensive Restaurants of 2011The New York Times
- AIANY HONORS 2012 DESIGN AWARD WINNERS: INTERIORSAN Blog